Thursday, March 12, 2009

If I had $26,000,000.00.... I'd build a tree fort in our yard

Today my friend Kyle and I were discussing what we would do if we won the lottery. So I decided to look up the jackpot for the week, it is $26,000,000.00.

That, my friends, is a lot of dough.

His plan is very selfless- extravagant car aside. Mine I would say is pretty half and half.

I think I would pay off school loans and the ol' credit card first. Then buy a house in the city- very nice! Also, get a few places around the world- b/c why not?! Then I can say something like, "Oh I must go visit the house in Tuscany! See how the grapes are doing, and visit my Italian lover! He speaks little English, but the language of love is all we need anyway."

OF COURSE there will be a sweet ass around the world trip. But, I would still stay in hostels etc. That's the fun part of traveling- meeting people, ya know? I would do things like buy rounds for the bar, and get into impossible events. Bring friends along for the ride, do something overly frivolous like that for a few months and then come back to reality.

Oh my gosh, I would get laser hair removal. I WOULD NEVER SHAVE AGAIN. It would be amazing.

I think I would also do something for the rents. I owe them A LOT. So I would probably pay for the renovations on the house that we have needed since the flood of 1993... lol. I would set up all my siblings with some cash-ola. Then I would start investing in creative people I love.

I would set up a meeting with Warren Buffett and be like, "Sir, tell me what to do." And follow his advice. Maybe I should do that first- THEN do the crazy around the world trip. ( The never shaving again is number one on the list though... no exceptions).

I would invest in all the schools I attended. They gave me so much, I would want to give back. I think I would invest money in Omaha. It was such a great place to grow up, and it is growing so fast and has so much potential. I'd heavily invest in programs to keep the arts in schools. Find some politicians I believe in and help out their campaigns. Also, I would set up some sort of foundation to help issues of poverty and homelessness. (see look not all selfish!)

I WOULD GET SPACE BALL PUT IN MY HOUSE. Space ball, for those of you who do not know is the best game ever, see here.

I guess I would get a car. hmm. Yeah, I'd get a car, why not? No more CTA? ok!

Probably, I would get a really cool hair do too and a dog.

Oh, and this has nothing to do with my pending millionaire status, I guess... I would probably get to meet him with my supermoney status, but if all goes to plan I will meet him bc I am a stellar actress anyway, so...

2 comments:

Elvis said...

What I would do with $26millz… (a list of twenty things)
* Pay off all of my debt, invest a bunch
* Buy a condo in a high rise building downtown; buy a winter home in either Big Sur or the Keys or Hawaii; buy a summer home on the lake… north shore?
* Travel - everywhere!
* Have a huge amazing party with all my favorite bands and favorite food and invite everyone
* Eat lobster at least 3 times a week
* Hire a house chef and a housekeeper and a personal trainer and I’d keep a masseuse on retainer
* Adopt a bunch of babies and pets, have a baby
* Have a blow-out week in Vegas, including dinner with Penn & Teller
* Have the craziest game room ever, and an arcade size whack-a-mole
* Have a movie screening room with couches and a popcorn machine
* Have two waverunners: one for me, one for a friend
* Have an old lady fancy car, like a Mercedes
* Force my mom and stepdad to retire. I would by my dad a condo in San Diego
* Have my friends and extended family write me proposals for how much of my money they want and how they would use it, and I would make case-by-case decisions
* Donate a lot of money… to whom? I’m not sure, I’d have to think about it.
* Pay for my band to record their next album and go on a world tour, opening for a band that actually has a bunch of fans
* Get VIP tickets each year for Bonnaroo…get an amazing RV or bus conversion
* Go back to school on my own terms
* Rent Hearst Castle for a week and pretend it was my home
* Holly is so right about this one – laser hair removal!

Holly said...

I forgot- I would also get some to do all of my packing and unpacking for my trips.