Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday the 13th... craaazzzy indeed!


I loved Valentines Day when I was in grade school and all you had to do was pass out a card with one of the Peanuts Characters on it attached to candy and Mom helped me decorate a shoe box to keep it all in. How much did you love it??

But, since high school when it became some sort of competition or like a stressful obligation, I have not enjoyed the holiday. So somewhere around 14 I gave up on the holiday. (Except for the valentines my mom sends me, which I am sure you can imagine are SWEET because they are from My mother.)

BUT, THIS YEAR THOUGH! Holy crap Friday the 13th before Vday is Nuuuuts!

Clearly it is not valentines Day I have to give credit to, it is the combo of Friday the 13th and Valentines Day:

1. I got to work and had to run errands around campus and got to go walk along the lake front which was just perfect today.

2. I sent out e-mail valentines and got a few gems in return. My friend Tim rocked a pretty hilarious one, as did Davonna. Davonna and I spent the morning cracking up over them. Seriously people, the best e-mail to get comes from here: http://www.careerbuilder.com/monk-e-mail/default.aspx/?siteid=blog_rss_typepad_01262006

But then again, this one From "Edward" pretty much rocks my world:

2. I have been hopped up on sugar all day. I am jittery as heeeeeeeeelllll.

3. One of the professors from another dept. came in with some candy for me and told me dirty jokes... which happens a lot... and its weird. He also walks around singing at the top of his lungs so... ya know.

4. My mail guy gave me an obscenely huge box of chocolate and a nice note. ( I turned about 6 shades of red).

5. Davonna's friend made her dirty Edward Cullen Valentines. hee hee hee.

6. DAVONNA AND I GOT A SINGING TELEGRAM!! It was clearly the best thing ever! I love the AGSP!

7. Davonna and I have been laughing all day long... clearly not doing work... whoops! Which led me to finding...

8. THIS GUY: http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/m4w/1033378783.html

9. Miriam gave me the Slum Dog Millionaire soundtrack... oh my god its fantastic.

10. www.fmylife.com is especially funny today as well

11. ITS NATIONAL HUG DAY PEOPLE! I am going to come at you like a sticky 3 year old and hug all up on your asses.

12. I am working on planning a fundraiser for the Global Alliance for Africa... concert and comedy nights. I am going to try to use my friends :) Let me know if you wanna join in.

13. ... yet to be filled in. Tonight should be fun as always :) Happy V-Day weekend!!

No comments: