Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Apparel-ently...

On my lunch break today I decided to do some on-line window shopping. Having perused my usual spots, I decided to look at American Apparel. They have a section on their site where you can check out their "new and innovative ideas". So basically, you can see the things they are currently manufacturing and will be on the market shortly. I will say this, some of their products are just SO innovative, I have no idea what their purpose could be. For example:

ASS-LESS TIGHTS
Now, call me CRAZY, but I am not sure I get the point of these tights. The only thing I can come up with is that someone REALLY enjoys wedgies, and well, this seems to be the solution.


(Really, I cannot think of another purpose... if you do, lemme know, the website did not provide explanation).

The Bow
My mother made me wear bows about that size when I was little... now American Apparel has made it possible for me to wear it in my mid-20's. Awesome. Oh, in case you were wondering, it CAN double as a belt.

I am actually a fan of this store- in doses. Some of my favorite articles of clothing are from here, but um... sometimes, like 83% of the time, I get nervous when I walk in... I mean I see people try on metallic shorts and hott pink and acid wash jeans in there! (and not as a joke, but as a fashion choice!) The 80's died a horrible death, it's like the Titanic, everyone agrees, you should let the tragedy have it's grave and only revisit it for historical purposes... with specialized machinery and robotics... the 80's would have appreciated the robots.

(C'mon, acid wash? harem pants? You people will regret it when pageant hair comes back in and you have to put effort into that shaggy hair cut you are sporting that works so well under your bike helmet... and you will have no one to blame but yourselves.)

One more thing.

MEN SHOULD NOT WEAR SKINNY PANTS. (just for your own health... seriously). My friend CJ said, "The sign of a good hipster is that you cannot tell if it's a he or a she." So, I guess, I mean, in this case go ahead dude, you wear those skinny pants!

I am a theatre kid, I know better than to hinder someone's freedom of expression, BUT WHAT ON EARTH DO ASS-LESS TIGHTS EXPRESS?

1 comment:

Megan said...

Bahahahahahahaha. Assless tights, I had a conversation about those the other day with my friend at work. Conclusion: they just want to make it easier for people to Moon others while in tights.